The Füchtingshof is located in Glockengießerstraße below St. Catherine’s church. It is one of the biggest and magnificent courtyards in Lübeck. The listed early Baroque housing area belongs to the charity foundation “Johann Füchting Testament” that still exists today as an autonomous foundation. Since 1639 the courtyard serves as a housing estate for widows of sailors and merchants. After a modernization and renovation in the 1970s 28 apartments are available. Still inhabited today, this courtyard became an oasis in the center of the Old Town.